Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fun with playdough

How many times do I try to come up with something fun to do, that is quick, easy and won't make a huge mess!  This happens on a daily basis.  I am always thinking of what the next "art" project should be to keep my 3 monkeys entertained.  I recently came across this great playdough recipe that I thought I would share, it is from my dd teacher and it meets the criteria noted above.  


Kool-Aid Playdough
1 1/4 cup   Flour
1/4 cup     Salt
1pkg         Unsweetened Kool-Aid (just the powder, don't mix it into juice :))
1 cup        Boiling water
1 1/2 tsp   Vegetable Oil


In a bowl, mix flour, salt and Kool-Aid, then stir in the boiling water and oil.  Knead with hands for a out 5 mins (or put in your mixer using the dough handle).  Voila! Kool-aid in a fun color that smells great! Store in a Ziploc bag for up to 2 months.  


Successful recipe, happy mom and kids!  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment