Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kids say the funniest things...

This post is off the normal path for me, but very normal for my usual daily routines.  It's about my little girl who is 3.5. years old (4 yrs if you ask her).  She is sweet, quiet and a little bit of a mischief maker and most days we have lot of fun.  But the other day, she was not having a good day.  Everything resulted in a meltdown.  My other little monkey, 2yrs old, kept telling her sister to "stop crying, too noisy".  In this particular meltdown of the day she had been crying on and off for about 30 mins. I kept trying to console her, but she would get annoyed and cry louder, so I would leave the room.  Finally she sat with me and calmed down, she suddenly stated clear as anything, without crying "Mommy, did you hear that?" I replied "No, what is it".  With a huge smile on her face she says "Mommy, my bed is calling me!"  Since we weren't at home, I offered to take her home to go to sleep.  She smiled and said "No mommy, I am okay now, my bed will wait for me to get home...can I have some pizza now."  And that was it, no more crying, no more meltdowns, the evening pizza was enjoyed by all and yes when we got home, she happily danced down the hall and climbed into her bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment