Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Healthy Gluten Free High Protein Oatmeal Bars


I am always looking for healthy snacks for school lunches.  My kids are pretty good eaters, but I find getting protein into their lunch at school can be a challenge.  With many schools not allowing nuts, that takes a many protein options out of the pool.

So I have been on the hunt for a kid friendly protein bar without the nut butter.  I also watch the gluten content of foods so gluten free is a bonus.  After a few test runs I have found one that the kids love and I actually have to hide it when I make it so they don't devour the entire batch of bars!


IMG_7201
Photo from Peas and Thank-you blog
I adapted this recipe from the Chocolate Chip Zee Bars from Peas and Thank You - she has posted great pictures for each step.  

I changed it up a bit, and added some flax seed meal and hemp hearts.   I have posted thHealthy Gluten-Free Oatmeal Protein Bars on this site for all to enjoy! 
Now lets see how long the kids will eat these.  As with most things I create, I can only offer it for a limited time to keep the interest there.  So I will have to create some variations of this for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment